REQUIREMENTS FOR RENTING
INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
- Applications must be filled out completely and neatly. Please be very specific with employment
and previous landlord's addresses. We must have street numbers and zip codes in order to qualify
application for rental.
- Each person who will reside in the unit 18 years of age or older, must complete an application.
- Applicant should be employed at least six (6) months on present job. Name, address, and phone
number of immediate supervisor are required for verification of employment and monthly income.
- Monthly income should be three (3) times greater than monthly rent for house or apartment you are
applying for. (Combined income if more than one applicant)
- Previous landlords must be contacted. Please supply us with their name and phone number.
- All applications are processed through the Experian for a credit rating. Any judgements, collections,
slow pay or any credit problems, can be grounds for denying this application. Any application refused
because of a credit rating problem can be verified by applicant.
Please contact EXPERIAN, P.O. BOX 2002, ALLEN, TX 75013-0036 OR 714-385-7000.
- Realty Management Services does not discriminate in granting or denying rental applications with
regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or ancestry of the applicant; or
with regard to the racial or ethnic composition of the neighborhood or geographic area surrounding
the property; or the fact that you have in good faith exercised any right under various state and federal
consumer laws. If at any time you feel that you have been discriminated against by Realty
Management Services, please contact the Department of Fair Employment and Housing,
1001 Tower Way, Suite 250, Bakersfield, CA or 1-800-884-1684.
- $25.00 in certified funds processing fee per adult or per married couple.
- A photocopy of a valid drivers license for all applicants 18 years and older applying for the property.
- A photocopy of a social security card for all applicants 18 years and older applying for the property.
- A photocopy of all income verification (i.e., recent pay stub, AFDC, SSI, bank statement if direct deposited, or tax returns).
- Upon approval the deposit and the first months rent will need to be paid within 24 hours with certified funds. NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS
- Collections and/or evictions for former residency are automatic grounds for denial.
- If identification shows maiden name, a copy of the marriage certificate must be submitted.
- If you wish to have child support payments include in qualifying income, it must be court ordered and a copy of the court order must be submitted with your application.
- In order for student grants/loans to be included in qualifying income, you must provide copies of the
awarded grant/loan paperwork.
TENANT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When can I see the properties?
What about weekend showings?
- Our office hours are Monday-Friday 7:30 AM -5 PM and Saturday from 9:00 AM. to 2:00 PM. We will be happy to give you directions to the property. **We stop checking out keys at 3 PM each weekday.
Do you allow pets on your properties?
- Our office hours are Saturday from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
**We stop checking out keys at noon on Saturdays.
- The pet restrictions vary property to property. Some that allow pets have size and breed specifications.
How do you qualify tenants?
- An additional security deposit is required on those properties accepting pets and is refundable if there is no damage. All damage exceeding pet deposit is the responsibility of the tenant.
- Qualifying is done with a credit check to verify how you meet other financial obligations. We also check to see if there are any collections outstanding from previous landlords or utility companies.
- Previous rental history is checked to determine if payment was made as agreed and property was properly maintained.
When is the rent usually due?
- Gross monthly income is verified and must equal at least three times the monthly rent.
How do I pay?
- Rent is due on the 1st of each month with a 3-day grace period given. A late fee of 6% of the rent due should accompany the payment after the grace period.
How much is the security deposit?
- Payment may be made by personal check drawn on a local bank, certified funds or money order. We also have a drop box on the 3rd Street side of our building.
Payment may be mailed to our office address or may be brought to the office. Our address is 300 H Street, Bakersfield, CA 93304.
- The security deposit varies property to property depending on the owners requirements.
How can I be sure I will get my security deposit back?
- Security deposit can NOT be used for the last months rent.
- The original lease term must be fulfilled.
- The property is to be returned to the owner in the same condition as when you rented, ordinary wear and tear excepted. Holes in the walls and carpet are NOT considered ordinary wear and tear.
What if I decide to move before my lease is up?
- At the time of move in, an inspection form is given to each tenant to complete. This is your means of detailing any defects and will be used as a reference document determining the condition of the property upon your exit.
When should I contact your company if I know I will be vacating a rental unit in a few months?
- You are still responsible for the rent until the end of the lease term or until the unit is re-rented. We will work with you to assist in getting the unit re-rented as soon as possible.
When do I have to let you know if I want to renew?
- Tenants who are moving out are required to give a written 30-day notice.
- At least 30 days prior to the expiration of the lease unless otherwise stated in the lease. If the property owner has not stated a new lease is required, the residency will continue on a month to month basis.